What is Green Remodeling?
Green Building and Remodeling projects are sited, designed, constructed and operated to enhance the well-being of occupants, and to minimize negative impacts on the community and natural environment.
Green Building/Remodeling Projects:
- Promote/provide a healthier and more comfortable environment.
- Improve long-term economic performance.
- Incorporate energy and water efficient technologies.
- Use recycled content such as windows and wood trim in their construction.
- Reduce construction and demolition waste.
- Bring higher resale value.
- Incorporate landscaping for water and energy efficiency.
- Include renewable energy technologies.
- Improve indoor air quality.
- Reduce environmental impact.
- Are easier to maintain & built to last.